Request for proposal and qualifications (RFP) to renovate the SEA Community Help Resource and Cultural Center in Elkton, Florida.
BACKGROUND AND OVERVIEW
The mission of the SEA (Spuds, Elkton, and Armstrong) Community is to help others cross over the sea of substandard housing, homelessness, hunger, etc., by meeting the needs of the families and individuals in the Spuds, Elkton, and Armstrong communities. Further, as partners with the Gullah Geechee Cultural Heritage Corridor (GGCHC) we endeavor to promote and develop Gullah Geechee history and culture through agri-tourism as a tool for economic development for Gullah Geechee people and communities.
The building is a concrete block building constructed in the late 1960s to house migrant farm workers. It has had some alterations and is in in need of significant repairs.
Scope of work, project documents, and clarifying questions are below.
SCOPE OF WORK
This project aims to renovate the building so that it can be used by SEA Community for weekly food pantries and other services and as a place to share the history of the community, including its Gullah Geechee heritage. See the downloadable Request for Proposals, Cost Worksheet and Project Narrative, Project Specifications, and Project Drawings below.
Work items include:
- Restore Structure (roof, floor, new interior walls, bathroom, prep kitchen, new windows and doors, HVAC, plumbing & electrical)
- Interior Casework
- New ADA Accessible Front Entry
- New Exterior Parking Lot, Bike Path, Hardscape, and Site Electrical
- New Septic Tank and Drain Field
- Landscaping, Site Fences
The following documents are available to download:
Schedule & Deadline for Proposal Submittal
- Onsite meeting for interested contractors, November 28th at 10am
- Request for Clarification/Questions due by November 29th
- Questions/Addenda answered by November 30th
RFP must be submitted via e-mail by December 1, 2023 at 5:00 PM to:
Brenda Swann, Associate Director, St. Johns Cultural Council [email protected], subject line: Community Help Resource Center Renovation RFP