- 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, July 30
- Limelight Theatre, 11 Old Mission Ave., St. Augustine
- Director: Beth Lambert
- Music Director: Shelli Long
- Choreographer: Katie Raulerson
- September 23-October 23, 2016
- 25TH Season Party & Opening Night: Wednesday, September 21 at Raintree Restaurant, followed by the opening show at Limelight Theatre
- Preview: Thursday, September 22Terrific Tuesday: September 27
Set in a Western Indian territory just after the turn of the century, the high-spirited rivalry between the local farmers and cowboys provides the colorful background against which Curly, a handsome cowboy, and Laurey, a winsome farm girl, play out their love story. Although the road to true love never runs smooth, with these two headstrong romantics holding the reins, love's journey is as bumpy as a surrey ride down a country road. That they will succeed in making a new life together we have no doubt, and that this new life will begin in a brand-new state provides the ultimate climax to the triumphant OKLAHOMA!
Music by Rodgers, Richard - Book by Oscar Hammerstein II - Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II - Original Dances by Agnes de Mille - Based on the play "Green Grow the Lilacs" by Lynn Riggs
Large singing-dancing ensemble with numerous small roles
Aunt Eller - Female, mezzo, (40-60ish)
Curly - Male, Baritone, (18-35)
Laurey - Female, Soprano, (18-35)
Ike Skidmore - Male, Baritone, Farmer, (30s+)
Fred - Baritone, Farmer (16+)
Slim - Male, Dancer, Farmer (16+)
Will Parker - Male, Tenor, (18-35)
Jud Fry - Male, Baritone, (18-35)
Ado Annie Carnes - Female, Soprano, (18-35)
Ali Hakim - Male, (18-35)
Gertie Cummings - Female, Alto or Soprano, (18-35)
Ellen - Female, Alto/Mezzo/Soprano
Kate - Female, Alto/Mezzo/Soprano
Sylvie - Female, Alto/Mezzo/Soprano
Armina - Female, Alto/Mezzo/Soprano
Aggie - Female, Alto/Mezzo/Soprano
Andrew Carnes - Male, Tenor (40-?)
Cord Elam - Male, Tenor/Bari/Base, Cowboy (16-35)
Jess - Male, Tenor/Bari/Base (16-35)
Chalmers - Male, Tenor/Bari/Base (16-35)
Mike - Male, Tenor/Bari/Base (16-35)
Joe - Male, Tenor/Bari/Base (16-35)
Sam - Male, Tenor/Bari/Base (16-35)
- Those auditioning should be prepared to sing 16-32 bars of a Musical Theatre piece. Those auditioning should bring their own sheet music as an accompanist will be provided.
- A 1-minute monologue is encouraged, but not required.
- Be prepared to dance.
- All ethnicities encouraged to audition.
- Headshots and resumes are preferred but not required. This is very helpful when casting.
- Rehearsal schedules will be determined by cast availability.
- Please bring a list of conflict dates for rehearsals.
- Performers cast in the show must be available for all performances.
- Performances are 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings; and 2 p.m. Sunday afternoons. One Terrific Tuesday performance at 7:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of the run. One Wednesday performance on September 21.
- *Artwork by Rebecca Cunningham, St. Johns County Center for the Arts graduate. The 25th Season artwork for all shows in 2016-17 will be unveiled later this summer.