The St. Johns Cultural Council is seeking nominations for the Dr. Gail Pflaster ROWITA Awards (Recognizing Outstanding Women in the Arts.)
Community members are encouraged to submit nominations of women who have made significant contributions to the arts community in St. Johns County over the course of their lifetime. The ROWITA Recognition Ceremony takes place during Women’s History Month each March.
To nominate an individual, please fill out the application (below) with the following information:
- Your contact information - The nominator introduces the nominee at the awards ceremony usually held in March during Women’s History Month
- The nominee’s name and contact information - Include artist website if applicable: suggested minimum age of nominee is 60 years
- Number of years applicant has resided in Saint Johns County - Suggested minimum of 5 years is required
- Picture of the nominee to be used for publicity must be submitted in jpeg form to email@example.com
- Biography of the nominee that includes personal and artistic information including accomplishments, awards, special recognitions
- Letter describing the community impact of the nominee’s work - Include contributions to, leadership, and/or advocacy for the arts in Saint Johns County
- Supporting materials, such as news clippings and letters of support
- Lifetime achievement and the candidate’s impact on St. Johns County is the most important criteria for determining the final selections. Artists of all disciplines, including literary, visual, and performance are eligible. Past nominees may be re-nominated.
Nominations should be e-mailed to sjcc@HistoricCoastCulture.com as attachments in pdf or word, and pictures in jpg formats. If you need help with your online submission, please call the St. Johns Cultural Council at 904-808-7330. We encourage you to submit your application by email but if you are unable to submit digitally please submit your nomination to:
St. Johns Cultural Council, 15 Old Mission Avenue, St. Augustine, FL 32084.
The deadline is December 1st of each year. Only fully completed nominations will be considered.
Dr. Gail Pflaster ROWITA Application
Complete this application and submit each item requested for your nomination to be considered. Email all documents to sjcc@HistoricCoastCulture.com
1. List your contact info as the person submitting the application and making the nomination.
Name of Person submitting the nomination:
City: State: Zip:
2. List the contact information for the person you are nominating. (Suggested for nominee is 60 and up.)
City: State: Zip:
Artist Website URL - if applicable:
3. Number of years applicant has resided in St. Johns County (Suggested minimum of 5 years)
4. Submit a headshot of the nominee. Photo will be used for publicity. Attach to email submission as a jpeg.
5. You may attach up to 4 supporting materials. Include press coverage or letters of support that show your nomination as an arts leader/supporter in St. Johns County. Do not submit more than 4.
6. Attach (or list below) the nominee’s personal and artistic biography. Include accomplishments, awards, and special recognitions the artist has received. One-page maximum.
7. As the nominator, please describe why you believe your nominee should be considered for a ROWITA Award. Include the community impact of the nominee’s work, contributions, leadership, or advocacy to the arts community in St. Johns County. One-page maximum.