The St. Johns Cultural Council is seeking nominations for the Dr. Gail Pflaster ROWITA Awards (Recognizing Outstanding Women in the Arts.)
Community members are encouraged to submit nominations of women who have made significant contributions to the arts community in St. Johns County over the course of their lifetime. The ROWITA Recognition Ceremony takes place during Women’s History Month each March.
To nominate an individual, please submit by emailing the following information:
- Your contact information - The nominator introduces the nominee at the awards ceremony usually held in March during Women’s History Month
- The nominee’s name and contact information - Include artist website if applicable
- Number of years applicant has resided in Saint Johns County - Suggested minimum of 5 years is required
- Picture of the nominee to be used for publicity, in jpeg format only
- Biography of the nominee that includes personal and artistic information including accomplishments, awards, special recognitions
- Letter describing the community impact of the nominee’s work - Include contributions to, leadership, and/or advocacy for the arts in Saint Johns County
- Supporting materials, such as news clippings and letters of support, may be scanned format.
Lifetime achievement and the candidate’s impact on St. Johns County is the most important criteria for determining the final selections. Artists of all disciplines, including literary, visual, and performance are eligible. Past nominees may be re-nominated.
Nominations should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as attachments in pdf, word, and jpg formats. If you need help with your online submission, please call the St. Johns Cultural Council at 904-808-7330. We encourage you to submit your application by email but if you are unable to submit digitally please submit your nomination to:
St. Johns Cultural, 15 Old Mission Avenue, St. Augustine, FL 32084.
The deadline for nominations is December 1.
Only fully completed nominations will be considered.