Workshop for Individual Artists
The Division of Cultural Affairs and Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc. invite Florida artists to apply for Blended Learning Program: Strategic Planning & Funding Your Work, a multi-format course in financial and business management to help artists establish a secure base upon which to create and grow their work presented by the Creative Capital Foundation for Individual Artists. This integrated program combines a one-day Strategic Planning & Fundraising in-person workshop, three live webinars, a series of online courses, artist working groups and small group phone consultations. It will provide valuable tools for individual artists to frame the fundamentals of an art business plan and set goals for themselves and their work. The workshop is limited to 24 artists who must commit to taking part in the in-person workshop and all remote events.
The initial sessions will be held at the Florida Studio Theatre in Sarasota on Friday, June 3 at 4:00 pm and Saturday, June 4 from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Participants will leave the program with:
• A personalized plan of action based on their own identified goals for their art career
• A roadmap for funding their work and revenue-generation, including improving fundraising materials; working with partners and building a base of individual contributors
• New perspectives on how to approach presenting and writing about their work for fundraising purposes
• Increased understanding of their personal and professional financial options
• A framework for deciding which opportunities to say yes or now to, and how to do so
• A new understanding of the value of their time, and how it relates to the pricing of their work
• The PDP Strategic Planning Workbook, which includes exercises and evaluation processes to work toward your own personal goal setting and financial management
• The PDP Artist Tools Handbook, an essential guide filled with practical tools and resources
• Handouts that include self-assessment exercises, focusing strategies, worksheets and tools
• A cohort of peer artists in the community who can act as resources going forward
June 3-4, 2016
Hosted by Florida Studio Theatre
About Creative Capital:
The Creative Capital Foundation is a national foundation that serves artists and supports their work through their Grantmaking activity and their Professional Development Program. The Division has partnered with Creative Capital since 2007 to offer meaningful and innovative professional development to Florida artists. More information about Creative Capital and its services can be found at: http://creative-capital.org/
Application and Participation:
To apply for the workshop, please visit this link: https://goo.gl/OmbleN.
The application deadline is Monday, May 16. Artists will be notified of their inclusion in this opportunity no later than Tuesday, May 24, 2016.
To be eligible to apply for this workshop, artists must be Florida residents. The workshop is open to artists working in any discipline.
If selected, artists attend the workshop free of charge. They are responsible only for their transportation to and from the workshop location, a small fee for lunch during the day’s events, and lodging should they require it. Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc. will provide hotel recommendations and preferred rates to artists selected and visiting Sarasota for this opportunity.
This workshop is made possible through generous support from the National Endowment for the Arts and also with private support through Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc. More information about Citizens for Florida Arts, Inc. can be found here: http://dos.myflorida.com/cultural/about-us/partners/citizens-for-florida-arts-inc/