2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 13
Henrik Ibsen's great social drama of a caged woman in the late 19th century explores her tormented desire for escape and her yearning for individual and spiritual freedom.
Directed by Mike Beaman
- January 27-February 19, 2017
- Preview: January 26
- Terrific Tuesday: January 31
11 Old Mission Ave
St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Please bring a 1-minute monologue, and be prepared to do read from the script
- Headshots and resumes are preferred but not required. This is very helpful when casting.
- Rehearsal schedules will be determined by cast availability.
- Please bring a list of conflict dates for rehearsals.
- Performers cast in the show must be available for all performances.
- Performances are 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings; and 2 p.m. Sunday afternoons. One Terrific Tuesday performance at 7:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of the run.
- Hedda Tesman Gabler - The main character, newly married and bored with both her marriage and life, seeking to influence a human fate for the first time. She is the daughter of General Gabler.
- George (Jørgen) Tesman - Hedda's husband, an academic who is as interested in research and travel as he is in his wife. Despite George's presumed rivalry with Eilert over Hedda, he remains a congenial and compassionate host, and even plans to return Eilert's manuscript after Eilert loses it in a drunken stupor.
- Juliana (Juliane) Tesman - George's loving aunt who has raised him since early childhood. She is also called Aunt Julle in the play, and Aunt Ju-Ju by George.
- Thea Elvsted - A younger schoolmate of Hedda and a former acquaintance of George. Nervous and shy, Thea is in an unhappy marriage.
- Judge Brack - An unscrupulous family friend.
- Eilert Lövborg (Ejlert Løvborg) - George's former colleague, who now competes with George to achieve publication and a teaching position. Eilert was once in love with Hedda.
- Bertha (Berte) - A servant of the Tesmans.
- Diana - Owner of a brothel where Eilert Lövborg dies.