3 Blind Dates -- Denver's only unscripted romantic comedy -- is coming to St. Augustine's Colonial Quarter on Valentine's weekend, February 11th -- 14th. The show has run at Denver's Voodoo Comedy Playhouse for three successful seasons and has appeared in the 2015 Colorado Improv Festival and the 2015 Boulder International Fringe Festival. It also won "Best Improv Form" in the 2015 Colorado Improv Awards. In this unique and original format, the females in the group break the 4th wall by mingling with the audience before the show to get character material. Once the audience hears what these ladies are seeking via monologues at the top of the show, we see them go speed dating. After speed dating, each lady asks the audience, "Who should I go out with?" and we see the dates -- selected by the audience -- unfold.
Auditions are by appointment only; there will not be callbacks.
• Previous improv experience
• Minimum age is 18 years
• Audition is completely improvised -- do not prepare anything
• Bring headshot and improv/theater resume to audition
Please read thoroughly the details about commitment requirements before requesting a time slot:
• Rehearsals will be Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons in St. Augustine.
• Shows will run at The Colonial Quarter the evenings of Thursday, February 11th -- Sunday, February 14th
• Players should possess a "yes, and" attitude on and off the stage.
• Players will be asked to dig deep, be authentic, exhibit vulnerability and show their ability to create and develop an unscripted relationship on stage.
• Players must adhere to show dress code.
Cast members will receive a small stipend for each performance.